The current release 2.5.6 runs on MacOSX 10.5 (including PPC) through Mavericks. 2.5.x is likely the last major version I'll release with PPC support.
- Improved Python function popup
- Improved Java syntax coloring and function popup
- Context-sensitive commenter feature -- selects the right comment style in multi-language documents
- Fixed an occasional crash auto-completing file path names in a parent directory
- Do not show iBeam over an active Find panel is active
- Fix an occasional bug with Replace&Find in multi-file search not advancing to the correct next search result
- Fixed Lua commenter
- Greatly improved Lua syntax coloring
- Greatly improved Lua function popup
- Added Lua-style comments to commenter
- Greatly improved C/C++ function popup parser:
- C++11 support
- Better advanced template handling
- Fixed some parsing bugs and some improved ObjC class handling
- Fixed Ruby syntax coloring to not lock up
- Add support for UTF-8 BOM encoding
- Made path name completion properly trigger tag rebuilding
- Added Undo for Replace All
- Brought back "Leave Windows Open" checkbox to multi-file find options
- Fixed an occasional lock up when using tabs with non-overlay scrollbars
- Fixed mixed up Replace/Find, Replace All and Replace In Selection buttons in Find
- Fixed an occasional crash if window closed after function popup and prototyper both get used
- Fixed an occasional crash when closing a split pane
- Fixed problems with interrupted shell output causing the Undo record to sometimes split up
- Fix occasional crash on quit.
- Pane split animation.
- Support for new overlay scrollers, overhauled split pane support
- Much improved symbol indexer, including:
- Better C++11 handling
- Better advanced template handling
- Index new standard C++ libraries
- Python indexing
- Function popup improvements include better C++ template handling
- Fix somewhat inaccurate line rendering at the end of super-huge (> 20MB, > 1 million lines) documents
- Fix a bug with RTF clipboard not being generated with correct unicode escaping
- Fix a bug that cause Python and Shell syntax coloring to be unstable during some edits
- Fixed re-open of documents to preserve the document ordering
- New Untitled Shell template support
- Properly set terminal width in a shell window based on window size
- Fixed a bug in reading DOS format documents
- Mavericks ready
- Fix a problem with the "Editing" and "Colors" pref panes not displaying on 10.5 and 10.6.
- Fix a problem with selection stream pipes not getting deleted correctly on quit.
- Make Cmd-D pick up line numbers from Python-style logs.
- Python syntax coloring improvements (more robust with huge files, more correct)
- Shell syntax coloring improvements
- Ragel syntax coloring
- Python '"""' style headerdoc comment support in commenter
- Shell function popup
- Antlr syntax coloring and function popup
- Fix a crash when merging tabs
- Find window option to toggle "Dot maches '\n'" in regex searches
- Context menu in text editor
- Resizable Find window
- Recent/common find strings menu can now be pre-populated by favorite string patterns
- Improved function popup and prototyper function boundary detection
- Added support for svn 1.7 and later
- Fixed a problem with git integration that would cause excessive CPU use and memory leaks in some cases
- Properly draw tab completion windows with bold entries
- Added support for user menus in the form:
- AddEditUserMenu -name "Sort Selection in front window" -toSubmenu Commands -shellCommand "sort -f < $_AS > $AS_"
- AddEditUserMenu -name "Sort Selection in target" -toSubmenu Commands -shellCommand "sort -f < $_TS > $TS_"
- AddEditUserMenu -separator -toSubmenu Commands
- AddEditUserMenu -name "Today's date" -toSubmenu Commands -shellCommand "/bin/date +%e-%b-%Y" -shortcut Control-D
- AddContextUserMenu -name "Echo stuff" -shellCommand "echo stuff" -shortcut Command-Option-Y
- AddContextUserMenu -name "Echo into sel" -shellCommand "echo stuff > $AS_" -shortcut Command-Option-Y
- Added Eddie env variables $ACTIVE, $_AS, $AS_
- Temp shell password prompt
- Fix a bug in undo when undoing in a middle of long shell spew
- Added a simple undiff tool and a handful of other commands to the Edit menu
- UTF-8 and input method support
- Improved Find
- boost regex engine supporting Perl regular expression syntax
- Regex find syntax coloring and error highlighting
- auto-escaping of search strings when Regex enabled
- Improved Forward/Reverse find advance in the presence of overlapping matches
- Number of other find-related fixes and improvements
- Improved tabbed shell support
- inactive shell tabs show busy progress while shell activity is going on
- shell tabs in the Worksheet window are persisted
- Fixed a crash using panes in tabs
- Improved symbol indexer
- add support for C++11 "using" type definitions/declarations
- add more availability macro symbols
- Improved code completion
- Make it a little better about not stealing the down arrow key (you now have to
press Ctrl-Down Arrow to focus the list).
- Added a way to set a up a keyboard shortcut to select next in the completion popup
(via the --tryFirst shortcut)
- Made the first path completion when the "Use Symbols when Tab-completing" shortcut
is on not cause a temporary SPOD
- Improved function prototyper
- ObjC method prototypes automatically wrapped in @interface or @implementation where applicable
- Whitespace applied lazily during paste -- you can now load up the prototyper clipboard,
switch whitespace theme, paste the prototypes, the right thing will happen.
- fixed handling of operator+, operator-
- Improved function popup
- Made it handle forward interface and protocol declarations correctly
- Fixed a bug where it didn't correctly indicate the position between two methods in the popup
- Improved syntax coloring
- Speed up coloring of super-huge files
- Fixed function coloring inside an extern "C++" block
- Fixed function coloring of some templated functions
- Few new color schemes
- Fixed horizontal scrollback sometimes fighting to scroll while using gesture scrolling
- Fixed tab drag image
- Fixed Ctrl-Click on a clipboard button
- Fixed a bug where extended clipboards were no longer saving themselves on quit.
- Fixed a bug where pasting styled text from Eddie to Mail sometimes pasted more than original selection
- Added --tryFirst SetKey keyboard shortcuts that run optionally before main shortcuts
- Fixed a lock-up bringing up save panel tagging window.
- Fixed a problem with document encoding popup applying the wrong setting.
- Fixed a problem popup menus in preferences sometimes checking the wrong item.
- Fixed a problem with wrong line terminators being added to the pasteboard.
- Fixed indent left right of a couple lines right at the document end
- Added syntax coloring of functions, classes, numeric constants and HTML escaped unicode literals
- Sped up syntax coloring of large documents
- Improved Ruby syntax coloring
- Function popup support for Ruby
- Improved split panes: better active pane visibility, better click-through behavior
- Added retina display Monaco 9 nostalgia rendering mode
- Improvements in the smart swap keyboard shortcut
- Numerous bug fixes
- Fixed a few crashes using shells with tabs
- Fixed a crash using Cmd-D on a path that fails to open
- Cmd-D in Untitled documents now uses the shell path to assist looking up the selection
- Other bug fixes and small improvements
- Tabbed document windows, pervasively integrated throughout the app. (Don't panic, non-tabbed documents still fully supported, of course.)
- Indexer improvements: Better complex C++ handling and speed
- Indexing now offers an option to exclude path patterns from indexing
- Added an option to show hidden files in the Open Panel
- Added a global preference to toggle showing line numbers
- Better handling of large git repositories
- Extended Command-D line:file handling to also support file:line:column and file:line:startColumn:endColumn
- Fixed Find window to not automatically perform unhelpful quote substitutions in its edit field
- Enhanced the "Go Back" command to offer navigating edit history
- Fixed the inability to set Shift-Tab as a shortcut
- new version of the tellEddie tool
- Number of other enhancements and bug fixes
- Added the ability to Execute a command in any document window
- Added menu item to toggle "Show Line Numbers" setting
- Add activate shell via Cmd-1..8 (analogous to existing Cmd-0 for Worksheet)
- Fixed a problem where "Wrap to window" sometimes wouldn't rewrap when toggling line numbers on/off
- Fixed incorrect line number display when "Wrap to window" enabled
- Fixed a problem with not being able to turn the "Use symbols while Tab-completing" preference off
- Include Colors when copying test into the system clipboard
- Save shell window directories (previously already done for Worksheet)
- Fixed Find menu crasher
- Add git support to the tellEddie -c command
- Fix a font menu/pref pane crasher that happened with some third party fonts.
- Fix a occasional crash on exit.
- Fix a lock-up when clicking the Find Window multi-file recent directory popup.
- Fix lookup indexer parsing of enums with availability macros.
- Open/save to SFTP/SSH server makes remote document editing a breeze
- LaTeX syntax coloring and function popup
- Symbol lookup - automatically regenerates index files and improves Objective-C parsing
- Improved Function popup handling of various header macros
- Fixed problems with retina display handling
- Added an option to soft-wrap text to window width
- Added a Cmd +/Cmd - shortcut for quick Font size increase/decrease
- Shell path name tab completion optionally uses paths from the indexer
- Handle accidental horizontal scroll
- Add "In Open Windows" as an option to multi-file Find
- Many other improvements and bug fixes
- Git support in Worksets
- tellEddie -c automatically creates a .c/.h pair/boilerplate
- Properly display ssh upload progress in shell windows (support '\r' correctly)
- Properly handle backspace sequences in shell output.
- Include syntax coloring colors in text drag
- Smart swap improvements -- correctly handle quoted strings
- Small fix to quote double-click balancing.
- Untitled workset didn't allow Save As
- Append .wkst suffix when saving worksets, if needed
- & was not properly escaped in shell path variables, caused confused Worksheets
- Make Suggestions window close when invoking other keyboard commands
- Fix Page Up/Down keyboard shortcuts
- Handle quitting of unresponsive shell sessions better
- Added support for showing line numbers
- Added more Find shortcuts as menu items
- Fixed a crash when SizeWell is installed
- Fixed a crash when closing Quick Find on Leopard
- Fixed bugs in handling execution of multi-line shell commands/lists
- Don't scroll when you delete text at the end of the document
- Fix a bug in the UpArrowSingleLineScroll primitive
- Multiple folders added to a workset through the Open Panel were not sorted correctly
- Fixed a bug where reverse multi-file search wasn't searching from the end of a document
- Fixed a bug where reverse multi-file search wasn't wrapping correctly
- Made workset iterator properly iterate groups with no folder association
- Fixed Multi-file reverse iterator and workset forward and reverse iterator
- Fixed a bug in the Find window "Leave windows open" setting
- Faster loading of Worksets
- Fixed a leak in Worksets
- Fixed bug reading Windows (CRLF) documents.
- Carbon-free: Obj-C++/Cocoa rewrite
- Text drag & drop
- Many symbol/autocompletion fixes
- Many improvements and bug fixes in window pane splitting
- More robust multi-line shell execution and password prompt handling
- Many improvements to Symbol lookup/completion indexer
- More light-weight background document change handling
- Find Window Option to auto-close windows opened by multi-file search
- Find Window Option to filter folders to exclude from multi-file search
- Find Window Fixed crashes, lock-ups and other misc. bugs
- Worksets: SVN integration
- Worksets: better drag&drop
- Worksets: improved multi-level folder hierarchy support
- Worksets: many bug fixes
- Improved support of exotic fonts
- Mac OSX Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion support (Intel 64 bit, Intel 32 bit, PPC)
- Many other bug fixes
- Fix a crash when quitting with a read-only Worksheet
- Make man work in the Worksheet.
- Small tweaks in symbol/autocompletion parser
- Fix a problem where the Keypad period wasn't working.
- Symbol lookup:
- Obj-C support for lookup and auto-completion
- Improved C++ auto-completion
- Fixed redraw glitch when clicking the window zoom button.
- Fix some clipboard incompatibilities.
- Tab and Shift-Tab support for indenting.
- Added a new TabOrIndentRight primitive (Cmd-Tab), Shift-Tab to IndentLeft.
- Separate keyboard maps for editor windows and shell windows.
- Better handling of quotes when using path Tab-completion
- Some enhancements to the smart swap function
- Made $_TS pipe handling more robust
- Added "Tab inserts spaces" preference
- Python function popup and commenter support
- Ruby syntax coloring and commenter support
- Added support for piping selected text in and out of shell commands
- Added "Auto save Worksheet Path" preference
- Many other improvements and bug fixes
- Anti-aliased font support.
- New color themes.
- Support for user-created color themes.
- Preference to disable search flash highlighting.
- Preference to keep Find window open.
- Preference to control saving Creator codes.
- tellEddie now allows optionally creating a file on open.
- tellEddie -- when opening from stdin allow marking document as temporary using a new --noSave flag.
- Many more fixes and improvements.
- Linux development version now available.
Currently runs/tested on Gnome 2.16 Ubuntu/x86.
- Font name/size settings are read from the font file (no UI yet)
- Proper mapping of Alt and Win modifiers
- Find window edit items support multiple lines, Tabs, draw properly
- Document settings
- Fixed many keyboard shortcuts (Alt-Mod-W to close all windows, Alt-Mod-B to balance #ifdefs, etc.)
- Fixed problems with space and other characters sometimes being entered on key up.
Initial Development release. Use at your own risk.
- General editing
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Syntax coloring
- Function popup
- Ifdef balancer
- Find dialog
- Cursor obscuring
- Wheel mouse
- Quick Find dialog
- GoTo Line